Posts Tagged ‘Adirondack’

Sunday Postcard Art – Top Hat and Tails

This weeks theme is Top Hat and Tails for our Sunday Postcard Art.

Background created by sponging Adirondack Pesto and Currant onto semi-gloss card and spraying lightly with water. Invitation and people image from Somerset Studios Image CD. Border and text stamps by Collections, stamped in Staz-On Saddle Brown. Text written in Word and printed on my new coloured laser printer.

Michelle

Advertisements

MMM – Transparencies

Mixed Media Mondays has Femmy hosting this week and she made a piece around the theme of “Transparencies”. These are great for layering, creating depth and making see-through windows. I decided to make two cards, using transparencies I had coloured with Adirondack Alcohol inks.

Butterfly cards

Inside the butterfly window card Inside card two

Using, normal “Overhead projector” transparencies, I added Adirondack Alcohol inks to the sheet and added the blender to create more of a watermark effect. The colours I used were Raisin and Pesto. Marvy Metallic gold marker was used for the gold highlights. Do this in a well ventilated area or you will wonder why you are beginning to get dizzy. Leave to dry.

The images on the transparency were stamped in Staz-On. The small text stamp is by Hampton Art Stamps. The two butterfly stamps are by Hero Arts. Background swirls by Autumn Leaves.

To make the card, I wanted to enclose the transparency so it would look neat inside the card. I took a sheet of A4 paper and cut a 140mm piece; the length being 297mm. Then I scored the card at 100mm – this became the back. Then I scored again at100mm and folded the shorter section in – this became the inner side of the front. To cut the window, I roughly measured up the transparency size and cut through the two pieces together, to create a window. On the inside of the middle section, I stuck double sided tape around the edge of the window, layed the transparency down, added a bit more tape (I didn’t want the frame to gape around the edge), then folded the last section over.

The finishing touches were then added. I outlined the window with Marvy Metallics gold before sticking it all together.

If anyone would like more details, just let me know!

Michelle