Michelle Ward, at the helm of the Green Pepper Press Street Team Crusades, has raised the bar, yet again. This month we have been challenged to Pull Prints, with monoprinting. Now, I have tried monoprinting before and been left disappointed with the results, but I have faith in Michelle and was willing to give it a go again.
First I gathered my supplies. I don’t have any Tyvek, so I used scrap paper, then some of the cereal box inserts.
I decided for the base to use come cardboard covered with cereal box plastic. My first prints were a little too wet and splodgy.
Then I found a large sheet of glass and decided to give that a go. Again, the initial prints were too wet and the red paint was very thick. As more prints were pulled, the texture get more interesting.
Third try with less red paint and on top of the previous paint on the glass.
By this time I was getting a little weary. I cut a heart from plastic film, added a bit more red paint and gave it one last go…
These were the first two, as per Michelle’s instructions. Then I “repainted” the glass and tried again…
I think I’m beginning to get the hang of it. Lessons learned:
1. Get everything ready before you begin, including paper towel to clean off the glass when changing colours
2. Have LOTS of card stock on hand
3. Read Michelle’s instructions first, rather than while the paint is drying on the glass
4. Have fun playing and try not to get too stressed when it doesn’t look just like Michelle’s
Now I have to go and clean up my mess – well, I am letting all of the prints dry first…
Thanks again to Michelle and all the members of the Street Team.